Purchase your ticket and enjoy your experience!
- This event has passed.
McLaren Vale food tour January 2021
30 January 2021 @ 09:30 - 16:00 ACDT$38.00
Come to enjoy the AgriAdventures McLaren Vale Food tour this January.
Four iconic food locations in the Vale, South Australia for one day out discovering more about local food production in the Fleurieu peninsula with AgriAdventures.
- Willunga Farmers Market (first farmers market in South Australia)
- Willunga High road, with its small boutique shops and Shirty Lizzard brewery
- Historic Oxenberry Farm (Winery)
- McCarty’s Orchard (Winery and Ciders)
This is an independent-driven, guided tour for promoting responsible food tourism in South Australia.
Some of these experiences are “not available” to the general public and are available only through AgriAdventures.
Pls. Check out timing and make sure to have available transportation for the entire length of the tour.
09:30 Meeting Point: 62 Victor Harbor Rd, Old Noarlunga SA 5168
10:00 Visit at the Willunga Farmers Market: Visit the market, meet the local producers, learn their stories, taste some products browsing, and purchasing some local seasonal produce to restock your weekly pantry with natural and organic goodies, feel the vibe of the Willunga Farmers Market. First Farmers Market in South Australia
11:00 Tour of Willunga High Street.
Willunga high road is full of small boutique shops with interesting, locally made goodies and decorations. Let’s stroll up from the market to the Shifty Lizard Brewery where we will have a chance to taste some of the locally made beers and chill down a bit.
01:00 Oxenberry farm tour: (PAID EXPERIENCE INCLUDED) + Lunch.
In 1840 first settlers arrived in the McLaren Vale area and decided to stop to create their new lives here in South Australia. The first farm built was named Oxenberry Farm which was located not far away from the modern winery that brings its name today.
The experience includes a history tour of the property plus wine tasting. (WINE TASTING IS INCLUDED IN THE EXPERIENCE PRICE).
Lunch will be consumed in the property (purchased individually).
Visit the Oxenberry farm Website for more Info
03:00 McCarty’s orchard visit. (PAID TASTING INCLUDED)
McCarthy’s Orchard is situated on the foothills of McLaren Vale. It has a very unique micro-climate, the farm has mixed crops such as apples, pears, stonefruits, and cherries and is free to navigate during the weekend. Included in the visit a wine, cider tasting for the value of $10 redeemable on a purchase takeaway (wine/ciders).
04:00 Guided tour ends.
Feel free to keep visiting McLaren Vale at your own peace.
What is Included:
- Historic Wine Tour Experience at Oxenberry with wine tasting
- Introduction to the Willunga Farmers Market
- Introduction to Shifty Lizzard Brewery
- McCarthy’s Orchard wine and cider tasting and visit
To Pay separately
- Items purchased at the Willunga Farmers market
- Beers at Shifty Lizzard Brewery
- Lunch at Oxenberry Farm
What is required:
- in order to access wine tastings and experiences is required to be at least 18 years old.
- Clothing organized accordingly with the expected weather and comfortable shoes are required.
- Sunscreen protection, a hat, and a water bottle are also required as predominantly experiences will be outside.
- Your own Vehicle, this is an independent guided tour, come with your friends, it is more fun.
Independent food tours Vision and Mission:
Independent tourism allows bringing new resources and business stimuli in rural areas, disregarding the precedent tourism history of the location or vicinity to other tourism attractions. Independent tourism allows developing a better industry based on service quality.
Food tourism is dedicated on promoting food businesses and produces, alternative agriculture and sustainable practices in business and in the local community. highlight those businesses with better visibility onto the local market is one of the AgriAdventures Mission and Vision
AgriAdventures communicate value through experiences.
Thank you for booking your event with AgriAdventures.