Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market is a not-for-profit organization which provides selling facilities for local producers every Sunday 09:00 – 01:00 PM, the first market was held on 2nd October 2006 in the historic Royal Adelaide Showgrounds with the indoor stalls set up in the Beef Cattle Pavillion. When you shop at the market you support small family farms, agricultural diversity and fresh, seasonal food. Entry is FREE with an average of 90 stalls each week, changing with the seasons and around 6,000 visitors every Sunday
All produce must be grown and made in South Australia (there are exemptions for things like coffee and rice that are not grown locally)
Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market is open 9am – 1pm every Sunday on Leader St, Wayville. Market facilities include indoor and outdoor stalls, shelter, parking, bike racks, toilets and ATMs.
The stalls are run and manned by the people who grow the food, a great chance to talk to local farmers about the food we grow in South Australia, enjoy breakfast, lunch or a really good cup of coffee.
The Food Forest
- ATMs – There are ATM’s available inside the market. Some stallholders have eftpos facilities but many only accept cash.
- Toilets – There are male, female and disabled public toilets just behind the Market Pavilion.
- Baby changing – the female toilets have baby changing facilities.
- Shade and shelter – There is undercover seating inside the market pavilion and at the outdoor cafes.
- Weather – The market is open every Sunday (apart from during the Royal Adelaide Show) regardless of weather but the market may close earlier during extreme weather events.
- Dogs at the Market – Registered assistance dogs are permitted at the Market. Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market is a busy food market so other dogs are not allowed due to health and safety concerns. We offer free ‘pooch parking’ where our volunteers keep your dog safe, watered and spoilt while you shop.
- Smoking – The market is a smoke-free area.
Market Members can purchase an annual car parking pass which allows them to park all day on Sundays (except during the Royal Adelaide Show).
See the Adelaide Showground website for more information and a site map.
Parking, Access and Facilities for People with Disability
Accessibility – The market is completely on the flat and there is an accessible toilet in the main toilet block behind the Market Pavilion.
Disabled Parking – Parking spaces are available for people with a disability (see above for parking fees). Enter the Showground from Leader Street and in ‘Car Park 2’ there are 11 designated disabled badge parking spaces as well as a further 6 disabled badge parking spaces within the Showground.